Catskill Horse is on a mission to help match folks looking for work in the equine industry with those anxiously searching for the same. You can post your ‘help wanted’ and ‘job wanted’ ads for FREE. Simply email us the following information and we’ll post it for 30 days.
Title of Position:
Description of job duties:
Best method to contact:
Media and Communications Position
The United States Eventing Association, Inc. (USEA) is currently searching for qualified applicants for a position in the Media and Communications Department. Applicants with a bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Media, or a related field are asked to apply. Preference will be given to applicants with experience in the equestrian sport of eventing, creating and executing a media plan for web and social media, managing a content management system for a website, the ability to write and develop high-quality articles, photography, and video skills. Due to the relatively small staff size of the Association, this position requires a team player who is willing to pitch in with a variety of tasks as necessary.
The employee will be asked to work on a number of tasks including, but not limited to:
• Maintaining and implementing the content and strategy calendar for the USEA websites, social media, membership e-mails, and the USEA weekly eNewsletter
• Proofing, editing, writing, and posting educational articles, features, press releases, and breaking stories on USEA managed websites daily
• Communicating with and organizing volunteers and outside contractors including; writers, photographers, videographers, and streaming media content providers
• Regularly and timely updating of information (including photos, forms, documents, and articles) on the USEA managed websites
• Writing and assisting with the editing of articles in the USEA’s award-winning magazine Eventing USA
• Staying in tune with the sport of eventing and communicating current news to the USEA members
• Monitoring website and social media trends/statistics on USEA online media platforms
• Responding to messages and questions from the USEA membership and the public
• Traveling to events within the U.S. and providing extensive media coverage for those events
• Other duties as assigned
This is a full-time position eligible for health and 401k benefits. Salary and position title will be commensurate with experience. The employee may work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or from the Leesburg, Virginia headquarters.
Please send a resume, a list of three references, three writing samples, and three examples of produced social media content to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1, 2021.
DIRECTOR OF SALES & MARKETING
StreamHorseTV is the premier international digital media community where horse enthusiasts of every walk of life can join to expand their horizons. We celebrate the horse as our common denominator and how it unites us all across sports and cultures.
The Director of Sales & Marketing of StreamHorseTV is responsible for development and oversight of the initiatives, management, budgets, and all programs related to sales and marketing. The Director of Sales & Marketing, who must have experience in digital media sales and marketing, will implement revenue targets and budget goals, evaluate the progress of the Sales & Marketing Department, participate in securing sales and maintain relationships with Sponsors. The Director of Sales & Marketing has discretion to assign pricing and discounts, strategize ways to build a more substantial user base, and develop a team of skilled professionals to boost sales and improve user satisfaction.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Develop, maintain, and oversee an integrated Sales & Marketing Strategy that expands user base and Sponsor relationships
• Develop, maintain, and oversee the StreamHorseTV product offerings and pricing
• Develop, maintain, and oversee sales and marketing key performance indicators
• Maintain a pulse and execute on the plethora of everchanging revenue opportunities for a digital media network
• Develop, maintain, and oversee all relationships with Sponsors
• Work closely with the Director of Content to insure Content and Sponsor values and packages align
• Reports directly to CEO
• 7-10 years of experience in digital media sales - horse sports/sports media a plus
• Experience and knowledge of the equine industry is preferred - a love for the horse is a must
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Positive, proactive, creative, and collaborative
• Deep knowledge of all social media and digital platforms
• Eagerness to be hands-on in an exciting growing network
• Ideally New York City-area based; open to remote work if it is the right fit
• Full time - competitive benefits, bonus, and equity awards
• Start date ASAP
Please send cover letter and resume to Tom Pierce email@example.com
Marketing Assistant, Ohio Quarter Horse Association home of the All American Quarter Horse Congress
Work Location: Columbus, Ohio
Start Date: open
Reports to Marketing & Communications Director
• Maintain the company’s social media presence with up-to-date, relevant, and engaging content, including assisting with developing, maintaining, and executing an internal social media and digital calendar in conjunction with marketing, brand, and sales functions.
• Develop copy for all in-house marketing and digital collateral, provide copy for company websites, and develop advertorial/editorial copy. Ensure content is consistent in messaging and aligning with the company’s brand image.
• Assist with sales action plans and campaigns to achieve and drive revenue ensuring the achievement of all revenue goals.
• Assist with generating statistics and data reports gathered from social media reporting tools, data analytics, and websites.
• Assist in producing marketing material on behalf of OQHA and the All American Quarter Horse Congress.
• Collaborate with Marketing Director for digital asset generation and copy/image updates as needed on company websites.
• Assist with digital marketing strategies, including direct email marketing, search engine optimization, social media promotions, and dissemination of company information related to programs, promotions, and outreach.
• In coordination with Marketing Director, develop and oversee design, preparation, and distribution of print materials.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications
• Experience and knowledge of the equine industry is essential
• Proven experience executing social media marketing campaigns
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Experience creating original content and artwork
• Proactive and creative
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, basic video and photography skills
• Very strong knowledge of all social media platforms
• Great attention to detail, and work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Able to work independently and/or cross-functionally in a team environment
Apply online HERE
The American Quarter Horse Association is seeking a Director of Champions Shows
Located in Amarillo, Texas
Primary function is to provide overall direction of AQHA’s Championship Shows with guidance from the AQHA Chief Show Officer, CFO/CSO, CEO and Executive Committee. Responsible for planning, directing and coordinating activities related to AQHA’s Championships Shows that deliver an unparalleled experience for the Association’s members. An ideal candidate would have proven senior management experience in a highly dynamic setting and enjoy developing solutions that push innovative boundaries. Organization, communication and leadership skills should be second to none with a strong focus on follow through. The Director of Championships Shows will work closely with the Chief Show Officer to strategize and develop long-term plans that usher in new levels of productivity and success for AQHA.
• Serve as show coordinator for AQHA’s championship show series; Level 1, VRH, AQHYA, Select, AQHA World Championship Shows and Regional Championships.
• Maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and interdepartmental collaboration, recommending solutions for improvement when necessary.
• Work with the Show Department Business Manager in the development of financial and budgetary plans for the championship shows, ensuring activities are delivered under budget.
• Oversee relationships with external partners and vendors including RFP procurement and contract negotiations.
• Annually review and recommend possible changes for the championship show handbooks and the AQHA Official Handbook of Rules and Regulations.
• Serve as a staff liaison for the AQHA Show Committee and Show Council.
• Coordinate, investigate and respond to complaints with regards to violations of show rules.
• Provide support for the overall success of the AQHA show program.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Proven ability to plan and manage operational processes for maximum efficiency and productivity.
• Proven ability to develop innovative solutions for increased success.
• Superior negotiation skills in both internal and external settings.
• Masterful organizational, communication and leadership skills demonstrated by previous professional success.
• Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods and coordination of people and resources with a focus on follow through.
• Bachelor's degree or on-the-job work-related experience.
To apply, please click here - https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/AME1106AQHA/JobBoard/f282b069-02dd-4471-9644-66a49e25c398/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=acf8fb5d-6615-4d1a-81a6-1ead6d4ceb9b