Catskill Horse is on a mission to help match folks looking for work in the equine industry with those anxiously searching for the same. You can post your ‘help wanted’ and ‘job wanted’ ads for FREE. Simply email us the following information and we’ll post it for 30 days.
Title of Position:
Description of job duties:
Best method to contact:
Retired Racehorse Project has an immediate opening for an Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant is a part time, hourly position which reports to our Edgewater, Maryland office.
The primary duties of the Administrative Assistant are:
• Provide customer service to RRP members and Thoroughbred Makeover trainers
• Fulfil online store orders and manage inventory
• Complete mailings of membership materials and other mailings as needed
• Monitor RRP social media pages and email inboxes for service related inquiries
• Aid in the distribution of Off Track Thoroughbred Magazine and other promotional materials
• Data entry/ maintenance projects relating to membership records or the Thoroughbred Makeover
• Other tasks as assigned by senior staff
• Basic computer knowledge, Microsoft Office suite
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Experience in either sport horse or thoroughbred racing industries
• Excellent attention to detail, works efficiently, and is well organized
• Ability to stand, walk, and lift and carry 25 pounds regularly. Occasional event attendance also requires prolonged periods of standing and walking as well as lifting and carrying objects up to 50 pounds.
• Available to travel (<5%) for events as needed with adequate notice. Must be available to attend the Thoroughbred Makeover in October in Kentucky.
• Must have driver’s license and own transportation
This position would work well for an entry level professional, a college student, or someone who is looking to fill time in their retirement. Schedule can be quite flexible and there is the possibility for growth in this position for the right individual. Candidates may email their resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Develop Your Professional Skills
Expand your experience in the equine industry by applying for one of AQHA’s communications internships.
College is a place for you to learn and develop skills that you will use as professionals in the real world. In the classroom, professors share knowledge through lectures and lab application, but are you ready to put that knowledge to work?
The American Quarter Horse Association offers three paid marketing and communications internships each summer, spring and fall.
Internships provide young professionals with the chance to gain practical experience in a real-life setting that can’t be mimicked in the classroom. An internship with AQHA is an excellent opportunity to apply knowledge from your university courses and gain experience in the industry.
Students interested in an internship with AQHA not only gain practical knowledge of marketing and magazine production in the horse industry, but they will also create lifelong relationships and have once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
Qualified applicants have the opportunity to apply for a communications and digital marketing internship, marketing and publicity internship, or an AQHA media internship. Students involved in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing and other related fields are an ideal fit for these positions.
Be sure to apply for each position by the designated application deadline.
· Fall Internships (August-December): Deadline – July 1
· Spring Internships (January-May): Deadline – September 15
How to Apply for an AQHA Internship
1. Complete an AQHA employment application.
2. Send a resume, cover letter, personal essay and two to five writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.Be sure to mention the internship for which you are applying.
For more information on AQHA internships, visit www.aqha.com/internships