Catskill Horse is on a mission to help match folks looking for work in the equine industry with those anxiously searching for the same. You can post your ‘help wanted’ and ‘job wanted’ ads for FREE. Simply email us the following information and we’ll post it for 30 days.
Title of Position:
Description of job duties:
Best method to contact:
Practical Horseman Multimedia Content Assistant
Summary: Practical Horseman, an award-winning multimedia English equestrian brand, is seeking a career-oriented individual who is innovative and a self-starter to serve as a Multimedia Content Assistant. The ideal applicant should have a team-oriented attitude and the desire to combine a passion for the sports of dressage, eventing and hunters/jumpers with expertise in communication and content creation through a variety of platforms.
• Ability to create content for multiple media platforms in the sports of dressage, eventing and hunters/jumpers
• Solid communication, organizational and editorial skills
• Comfortable collaborating with team and working independently
• Some travel to competitions and video/photo shoots
Practical Horseman Assistant Editor
• Develop content for Practical Horseman (PH) and Dressage Today (DT) digital platforms—website, social media, newsletters, digital publications
• Upload content to the PH and DT websites
• Help produce PH/DT podcasts (includes interviews and production)
• Help produce PH magazine departments and features, including writing
• Procure photographs for PH magazine articles
• Help with PH magazine production—copy fitting, making/checking proofing corrections, travel to some shows and events
• Respond to customer-service related questions
• Work with marketing team to develop marketing content for PH and DT
• Oversee some administrative work
The ideal candidate will have:
• BA in journalism*, communications, marketing or related field
• Experience working with: Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign, content management systems, video on-demand platforms, social media
• Knowledge of English equestrian sports
*The equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
• Reports to Practical Horseman English Content Director
• Works with Practical Horseman English Content director, Practical Horseman Multimedia Content Manager, marketing/digital team members, sales team members, English Group accounting team members, freelance writers and photographers
About Practical Horseman
Practical Horseman provides hands-on how-to information on riding, training, equine health and competitions for English riders through multimedia channels including print, digital, social media, podcasts and events. Respected experts in the disciplines of dressage, eventing, hunters and jumpers share in-depth information to help readers and followers become well-rounded riders and horse-care managers. Personal stories create a sense of community from top professionals to dedicated amateurs, helping foster the dream of being the best horseperson possible. To meet the needs of our devoted dressage audience, we provide additional dressage content through Dressage Today’s strong digital and social-media channels, podcast and video on-demand site.
About The Equine Network
The Equine Network provides and creates world-class events, services and content for passionate horse enthusiasts while connecting them to each other and the marketplace. Events include the world’s top team roping experiences: the U.S. Team Roping Championships, the World Series of Team Roping and the National Rodeo Finals. Membership programs feature USRider, which provides emergency roadside assistance for equestrians, and Horse&Rider OnDemand and Dressage Today OnDemand, training video sites for committed riders. Best-in-class equine marketing services focus on custom videos, social-media campaigns and targeted solutions. Legacy print magazines including EQUUS, Horse&Rider, Practical Horseman and The Team Roping Journal, and their multimedia platforms—websites, podcasts, social media, newsletters, digital publications—bring storytelling to a new level to meet the needs of devoted audiences.
To apply: Submit cover letter and résumé to Sandy Oliynyk, firstname.lastname@example.org.